Friday, February 9, 2007

Gurus, lecturers and professors

Met my school teacher Mrs. Shaila yesterday. It was a pleasant shock 
to her, seeing the boy whom she taught suddenly standing in her office, tall 
but not  changed at all. 
It felt really nice when she pecked me with that motherly love that she always 
showered upon us in school. We chatted for the better part of an hour and when she told me of the present state of my alma mater, it really saddened me. all the stalwarts who brought us up as our parents have left and they have been replaced by the young and restless. There is no dedication it seems, not of the level and quality these people had. Maam said she was seeing the best students sllipping out of her hands into foolish things that had the potential of ruining thier lives.
i was wondering afterwards how much these people have contributed to what i am today...i learnt a lot of subject knowledge from some very good teachers in my college and engineering, but they all had that indifferent attitude towards students. They never cared for the other important things like self learning, language skills and what can every student contribute. In that respect, i'm thankful to God i received my first education from extremely capable and loving parents and some of the most dedicated teachers you'll ever come across.
the lecturers and professors i have in my B school sure have the knowledge it takes to teach an MBA student, but i'll always question their dedication to the teaching profession. All i saw in the last 6 months was favoritism, P.R. required to earn marks and no hint of anything related to performance measurement.
I think never met gurus after i left school...someone who'll show me the way...
God i miss school...
Andy
 

No comments: